Brief one tonight because I just reached Chapter 11 on Yakuza 3 and oh wow, basically.
Anyway, just a few things I wanted to clarify:
1. I am still thinking seriously about this charity thing. One A Day has had a few more leavers or absentees since Andy, Matt and others quit, and the rest of us need that motivation, I think.
2. A couple of people have commented that they’re struggling for ideas. I’m therefore wondering whether it might be an idea for me to set optional One A Day ‘assignments’ once a week – perhaps pick a single word and get everyone who’s interested to write something relating to that. Then pick a round-up of the best ones the following day for everyone to look at. Obviously ‘optional’ is the key word here; it’s just a way of perhaps helping people struggling to think of a topic (and might help us pull together even more as a group – Andy’s ‘Desk’ idea seemed to get us all reading each other’s work).
3. I’m going to speak to someone next week about getting this set up as a proper website, with a bespoke theme and a proper network page. I know a site designer who might be able to transform this into something worth looking at.
4. Another idea I had was to open a brand new website purely as a hub for all One A Day contributors. A single page with pics and links to every One A Day blog on a separate site, linked to on everyone’s own personal blog. Could work; we’ll see.
5. Yakuza 3 is really, really good, and almost entirely responsible for any apparently rushed blog entries this past few days.
7. …that’s it.
So, changes are afoot. Interesting ones. I will, as ever, keep you all posted.